Hard Disk Sentinel Portable is a multi-OS hard disk drive monitoring application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, display hard disk health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the HDD inside the computer or in an external enclosure (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
Hard Disk Sentinel Portable monitors hard disk status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks today) values for each hard disks. Also it measures the hard disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.Hard Disk Sentinel can be effectively used to prevent serious damage or data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small problem can’t be missed and a failure or data loss can be predicted. This gives opportunity to backup important and valuable data. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Here are some key features of “Hard Disk Sentinel Professional”:
· Easy to use interface
· All information are displayed in the main window of the application. Quick controls allow easy navigation to access all hard disks, partitions and different information. Intuitive user interface elements display information by using green/yellow/red color to indicate the level of problem. Detailed text description and context sensitive help guides the user thru the features and options.
· 1. Install > 2. Configure > 3. Stay protected
· Just install, configure alerts and backup options and your system is now safe. You’ll be notified about the problems – but if everything is correct, Hard Disk Sentinel just sits on tray and displays current status. The data is protected even in 24 hours daily, 7 days a week.
· Instant S.M.A.R.T. analysing – Hard Disk Sentinel can communicate with IDE, Serial ATA and SCSI hard disks to detect their status and temperature. Disk status are displayed immediately as you launch the application, there is no need to analyse disks for a long period. It displays the current and maximum temperature for the hard disk.
· It can read all general and vendor-specific attributes and monitor their values. For advanced users, all raw data are displayed also including power-on hours or number of read/write errors. Hard Disk Sentinel interprets the performance and fitness related S.M.A.R.T. values and displays the calculated Performance and Health percentage, total power on time and estimated lifetime remaining.
· Disk status in Windows Explorer – View the current health status and used space in Windows Explorer or in any other application, so you’ll always know the amount of used space for each partitions and the disk condition.
· Information on demand – It can display current hard disk temperatures and health on the system tray, in a small status window and on the desktop itself. Average and maximum temperatures are logged for all hard disks and these informations are displayed in graphs for statistical purposes.
· Logging – Hard Disk Sentinel logs all degradations in all SMART parameters. For example, if a new uncorrectable sector is found on your hard disk, you will be notified.
· Alerts – Hard Disk Sentinel can make different kind of alerts upon different problems. It can execute various tasks (even external applications) in case of a problem. There is an option to send daily emails about current status.
· Hard Disk Details – Detects and displays every information about the hard disk, from the revision number and buffer size to all features it has. The maximum available and current transfer modes are also displayed.
· Hard Disk Performance – Logs how much data were read from or written to the hard disk. Displays current transfer rates for both reading and writing and estimates the maximum available (theoretical) transfer rate for a particular hard disk.
· Hard Disk Partitions – Displays partitions for each physical hard disks and type and usage informations about them so you cannot run out of space. Hard Disk Sentinel sends this information automatically in alert/status messages.
· Shutdown – It offers option to shut down the computer on failure, overheat or parameter degradation. This option can be used to prevent further data loss.
· Acoustic Management – It offers option to control the acoustic level of IDE/S-ATA hard disk. It is possible to increase performance or make the disks more silent.
· Clock Synchronization – It offers option to synchronize the PC clock with an atomic clock via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
· Improvements – Hard Disk Sentinel is constantly improving. More features will be available soon. If you have any idea which can be useful, just let us know.
Improvements and new features:
- new function: Disk menu -> Surface test -> Quick Fix (targeted repair of problematic sectors)
Verify which area(s) of the disk drive reported problems and written recently then diagnose, repair specifically those (and nearby) sectors and critical system areas. The test forces the disk drive to repair any problematic (pending, weak) sectors: restore the status to good or reallocate (replace from spare area) if required to prevent further use of the original sector (Pro version only)
- new function for advanced users (PRO version only): Disk menu -> Device Specific Information to detect and display additional details including:
– Power on time when last error detected/logged by the hard disk/SSD (registered version only)
– Time since last error detected/logged by the hard disk/SSD (registered version only)
– Sector(s) where errors happened previously and their location by block number on the disk surface map (registered version only)
– ATA error log: last known errors, their description, registers, error details, last commands before error
– ATA self test log: last disk self tests, self test results and details (registered version only)
– ATA drive statistics: lifetime details, errors, temperature statistics
– ATA drive statistics: rotating media statistics (hard disk drives) or solid state device statistics (SSDs)
– ATA drive disk utilization and absolute limits for amount of reads/writes and temperature limits (if defined by the manufacturer)
– ATA drive temperature statistics, last known recorded temperature values
– ATA drive additional features and functionality supported by the hard disk drive/SSD
– NVMe error log
– NVMe self test log: last disk self tests, test results and possible error details (registered version only)
– SCSI/SAS defect list information
– SCSI/SAS background scan status information, protocol specific port information
- Device Specific Information recorded and can be re-loaded to review previous statistics
- Device Specific Information automatically shows the changes of most important values compared to previous data (registered version only)
- Extended S.M.A.R.T. detection: detect additional details / information for more accurate status/health reporting by detection of Ext. S.M.A.R.T. attributes
- added option to perform hardware self test on NVMe SSDs (if supported):
Disk menu -> Short Self Test, Disk menu -> Extended Self Test functions can be used on NVMe SSDs when available.
The Information page confirms if Device Self Test feature is supported by the SSD.
NVMe self test is possible with
– Windows Standard NVMe controller driver (may prevent too frequent self tests)
– Intel NVMe controller driver or Intel Volume Management Device NVMe RAID controller driver
– Samsung NVMe controller driver
– Micron NVMe controller driver
– JMicron USB-NVMe adapters/external NVMe-USB enclosures with JMicron chipsets
- option to schedule short / extended self test on NVMe SSDs too (registered Hard Disk Sentinel Pro version)
- new buttons in the button bar to open Windows Disk Management and Windows Device Manager
- display Windows Drive Index (Physicaldriveindex) on the Information page if RAID array(s) present
- display/report NVMe Maximum Power use in mW units on the Information page
- improved disk surface test performance for NVMe SSDs: much faster Disk menu -> Read test possible on NVMe SSDs (in memoriam Neduddki)
- improved Disk Repair test: counts and displays the amount of sectors successfully repaired and failed to repair
- amount of disk status history increased to allow logging and check back additional of historical status/health/temperature statistics
- improved write disk testing, Disk Contents Inspector and general support of SAS drives with 520 or 528 bytes/sector sizes
Improved hardware support:
- added support of AMD NVMe RAID solution: detect the status (health, temperature, lifetime writes, complete self-monitoring details) of NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs managed by AMD RAID (both standalone and RAID configurations)
Requires AMD RAID driver 9.3.0-00266 or newer version.
Note: if the detection does not seem working immediately, a reboot / power cycle may be required
- added support of Adaptec SmartRAID 3102E-8i controller: detect status information about hard disks / SSDs in RAID or standalone configuration
- added detection of hard disks / SSDs configured as RAID on LSI LIBERATOR (LSI 9750-8i) controller, detect complete disk information / S.M.A.R.T. status of SATA / SAS hard disks / SSDs
- added support of LSI MegaRAID (MegaSR) / Intel Embedded Server RAID Technology II SATA RAID controller: detect status information of SATA disk drives in RAID configuration (if possible by the driver)
- added support of Apricorn Fortress L3 and Padlock 3 external hard disk drives and Apricorn ASK3 or ASK3z Secure Key pendrives: in addition to the robust design and security functions the hard disk drives and pendrives supported by Hard Disk Sentinel: complete health, temperature, self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status detected and displayed.
- added support of SSK USB 3.1 / 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) NVMe adapter: detect NVMe SSD status
- added support of Kingston XS2000 SSD, Goodram CX400 G2, Zadak SSD
- improved support of some Acer SSDs, Sandisk SSDs, Lite-on SSDs
- improved status reporting with FreeCom Public-disk external hard disk drives
- improved detection with Intel Optane configurations
- improved compatibility with Intel VROC NVMe SSD RAID
- improved health detection and reporting of various Sandisk and Crucial SSDs
- added support of Kingston Design-In SSDs (OMSP0S3, OM4P0S3, OM8P0S3, OCP0S3)
- improved compatibility and disk status reporting with Orico NS500RU3 3.5 inch 5 Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure
- improved health/status reporting for PNY SATA SSDs
- improved display of power on time, health, status of newer WD / Hitachi SAS hard disk drives
- improved compatibility with LSI controller with multiple arrays and higher number of hard disks / SSDs configured
- improved compatibility with Promise Supertrak 8350 SATA RAID controller
- improved compatibility with older SD/micro SD card readers
- improved compatibility with some Kingston, Toshiba, Micron SSDs
- improved text description of NVMe SSDs upon different problems / error conditions
- adjusted calculation and reporting lower health on failing / problematic NVMe SSDs
- improved detection with ASMEDIA ASM236x series USB-NVMe adapters
- improved detection with Adaptec / Microsemi SAS RAID controllers and HBAs
- improved detection with LSI / IBM / Intel SAS RAID controllers, improved dedicated hot spare reporting
- improved support of Seagate Firecuda drives
- improved support of Crucial CT2000MX500SSD1 SSD, Patriot P200 SSD, Micron SSDs, WDC PC SA530 SSDs
- improved power on time display for SAS hard disk drives, SAS SSDs
- improved display of stored file at a sector during disk surface test
- improved Disk menu -> Surface test -> Disk Repair test
- improved support of Sandisk X600 SSDs, Transcend SSDs, MemKing SSDs
- improved compatibility and detection with LSI/Avago/Broadcom 9400 series SAS HBA
- improved support of HP SATA/SAS HBA controllers
- improved support of some Micron SATA SSDs, Plextor SATA SSDs, Kingston SATA SSDs
- improved disk surface test performance log
- added support of DELL SD1-U0250 SSD, YGC-SA3-128G SSD, Netac SSD, Sandisk SD8SBBU480G1122,
- added support of ProGrade PG05.5 CFExpress memory card reader
- added support of Crucial X6 SSD: detect temperature, self-monitoring status, health, S.M.A.R.T. details
- added support of Patriot Supersonic Rage Prime pendrive: detect temperature, self-monitoring status, health, S.M.A.R.T. details
- added support of Team Group TC21231TBB01 pendrive: detect temperature, self-monitoring status, health, S.M.A.R.T. details
- added support of Swissbit U-50n, U-56n series industrial pendrives: detect temperature, self-monitoring status, health, and extended S.M.A.R.T. data
- improved support/compatibility with Intel SSDPE2MD400G4
- added/improved support of some HIKVISION SSDs
- improved database saving and option to re-load last known status of offline disks
- improved support of some Micron/Crucial SATA SSDs
- added support of Kingston SDCIT2 industrial (micro) SD cards
- added support of i-tec MySafe 2×2.5″ USB 3.1 enclosure: detect S.M.A.R.T. status of both drives in RAID0/RAID1/JBOD mode
- added support of Walram SATA SSD
- improved detection of RAID / Hot spare drive(s) with older Intel RST drivers
- improved support of some Kingston, Sandisk, Patriot SSDs
- improvements for ADATA SD Express cards
- improvements for AMD RAID with high number of SATA hard disks/SSDs and NVMe SSDs
Download Hard Disk Sentinel Portable
Download – 35.9 MB
In the topmost menu, please select the 2nd option from the right "Yé(C)" which is the Configuration menu and in the drop down list the 2nd option to open the Preferences window where the language can be modified.What is Hard Disk Sentinel Pro used for? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional (HDSentinel) is a hard disk monitoring software with highest possible support of HDD/SSD/SSHD (hybrid) drives. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.Is Hard Disk Sentinel necessary? ›
It is especially necessary for you to own it if you work on a desktop computer. Or even a notebook computer, or a mobile that has a hard disk inside it. If you want to maximize your system's performance efficiency and stability and receive any disturbance-related alerts, an HDD Sentinel is a necessity.Is Hard Disk Sentinel legit? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel is great software, and I can definitely recommend it. It's been worked hard on for several years now and is clearly a very comprehensive and reliable piece of software for dealing with SSD and HDD issues.How do I change my drive language to English? ›
- Click the Settings (cog) button > Settings.
- Click Change language settings.
- Click the Pencil button next to the default language.
- Search for the language you want. ...
- Your default language will be updated.
Select Change language settings under the Language section.
- In the window that appears, click the. ...
- Once you've found your preferred language, click the.
Most hard drives have a lifespan of three to five years.Is Hard Disk Sentinel good for SSD? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel is compatible and supports the detection of all SSD (solid state disk drives) models, regardless of their connection and size. Hard Disk Sentinel automatically detects and displays the supported features of these solid state disk drives.How do I activate a sentinel hard drive? ›
After installation, click "Help" and select "Enter registration key" in Hard Disk Sentinel. Please enter your name (or nickname) as username, the license code you will receive in e-mail and click on the "Register and activate on-line" button.What is the most secure way to wipe a hard drive? ›
Use DBAN to Securely Wipe a Hard Drive
DBAN, Darik's Boot And Nuke, is the most reliable, secure way to wipe a hard drive for free. It is easily equal to many very expensive data security programs and is free and open source.
If Hard Disk Sentinel is uninstalled (or simply if the license is no longer used on the old computer), it can be moved to the new machine.Why can I never safely remove external hard drive? ›
To ensure the safety and integrity of your external hardware, it is always advised to remove your drive only when there is no other process using it. Your drive will most likely get corrupted or damaged if you recklessly eject the drive.Is Hard Disk Sentinel a virus? ›
Hard Disk Sentinel is safe, but, regarding the reliability, it takes "predictions" according to the SMART parameters.Can the FBI read a destroyed hard drive? ›
Yes, physically destroying a hard drive renders your device and the data on it unusable. But with enough motivation and the right equipment—and the F.B.I. has both—some of your data can be recovered.Can hard drives be hacked? ›
No. A EXT hard drive cannot be “hacked”. There is NOTHING to hack. It will open to anyone who uses it, what is the point of hacking ?How do I fix the Language back to English? ›
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- On the left, click Personal info.
- Under "General preferences for the web," click Language Edit .
- Search for and select your preferred language.
- Click Select.
- If you understand multiple languages, click + Add another language.
Change your language
Click Settings & Members at the top of the left sidebar. Select Language & region in the sidebar of the new window. Click the first dropdown and select your language.
On your computer, go to the Search settings page. On the left, click Languages. Choose your language settings. Which language should Google products use: This setting changes the language for the Google interface, including messages and buttons on your screen.How do you drive a Language? ›
- Open Google Drive using drive.google.com.
- Click on the gear wheel icon in the upper left.
- Select Settings.
- Next to Language, select Change language settings and a Language window opens.
- On the Start menu, type Control Panel, and then hit Enter.
- Choose Clock, Language, and Region.
- Select Language.
- Under Change your language preference.
Q: Is it okay to leave an external hard drive plugged in all the time? Yes, providing you follow a couple of simple precautions: If you are going to unplug the drive while the computer is running, always use the external drive ejection tool before the drive is unplugged.Which brand is best for portable hard drive? ›
- #1) WD Elements Portable Drive.
- #2) Seagate Portable Drive.
- #3) Maxone 500GB Ultra Slim Drive.
- #4) Toshiba Canvio Basics Portable Drive.
- #5) Silicon Power Portable Drive.
- #6) LaCie Rugged Mini Drive.
- #7) SanDisk Extreme Portable External SSD.
The average lifespan for an external hard drive, assuming no physical damage occurs, is around 3-5 years, depending on the make, model and conditions it is stored in. If you're using an external hard drive to back up your data, you might want to consider replacing it every few years to ensure your data is safe.Should SSD be FAT or NTFS? ›
✍Conclusion: If you use your SSD to store system or games, software on your PC, NTFS gives you better performance. While if you want use the SSD as a portable drive, which is needed to transfer data between difference devices, it is recommended to be exFAT.Which is better to use HDD or SSD? ›
Across the board, SSDs outpace HDDs because they use electrical circuitry and have no physical moving parts. This leads to shorter wait times when you're starting up and fewer delays when opening apps or doing heavy computing tasks.Which is safer for data SSD or HDD? ›
Generally, SSDs are more durable than HDDs in extreme and harsh environments because they don't have moving parts such as actuator arms. SSDs can withstand accidental drops and other shocks, vibration, extreme temperatures, and magnetic fields better than HDDs.How do I make my hard drive detected? ›
- Right-click "This PC" (in Windows 10 File Explorer) and choose "Manage."
- Go to "Disk Management" and right-click your new hard disk. Choose the "Initialize Disk."
- In the dialog box, select the disk you wish to initialize and choose the MBR or GPT partition.
Install Sentinel Secure in Windows
Close all open applications and log into your Webassessor account. 3. Click the My Assessments tab, then click the Install Sentinel button.
- Plug your external hard drive into your desktop or laptop PC. ...
- In the Windows 10 search bar, type This PC.
- Click This PC.
- Double-click the external hard drive listed. ...
- Access any files on the hard drive like you would with an ordinary internal hard drive.
In theory, a magnet could be used to corrupt data on a hard drive. However, your average magnet, or even a relatively strong one, would not be strong enough to have any effect on a hard drive. You would need to bring an extremely powerful magnet into contact with the magnetic platters of a hard drive.
If you're selling or giving away a Windows computer, you'll want to wipe the hard drive to remove all of your personal data from it before handing it over to someone new. Simply deleting files or formatting the hard drive isn't enough, as data recovery software may make it possible to recover the data later.How often should I wipe my hard drive? ›
Multiple overwriting passes for hard disk drives is not an absolute necessity anymore. So, how many times should you overwrite a hard disk for complete data erasure? The answer: One pass is enough.How do I stop my hard drive from Sentinel? ›
Please unselect the option: Configuration -> Preferences -> Load with Windows option. This way it will not start at all, not run/monitor in the background, just if you manually start. On that page, there is an option "Pre-start delay (seconds)", which designed to allow the system to "settle down" when booting.Does wiping a hard drive remove malware? ›
To erase the contents of your hard drive, you can perform a quick, or standard, format or a low-level format. The former will permanently remove the vast majority of malware, but won't have any effect on a bootkit.Is it safe to uninstall GPU? ›
It is generally not recommended to uninstall GPU drivers solely through the operating system, as the process may leave some residual files and folders that can still cause conflicts.What happens if you take out an external hard drive without ejecting it? ›
When you remove a flash drive without warning the computer first, it might not have finished writing to the drive." This means that pulling your external drive out without warning could result in the file you just saved being lost forever - even if you saved it hours ago.What happens if you don't eject a USB before removing it? ›
The effects of removing a USB drive from Windows computer without ejecting it first can be one or more of what is listed below: Data fails to copy/transfer completely. Loss of data or files. Drive becomes corrupt and may be unusable.Is it safe to throw away a hard drive? ›
Disposing hard drives simply through the trash isn't a good idea. Not only are you impacting the environment in a negative way by contributing to landfill waste, but you could also be exposing yourself to major data breaches! Fortunately, there is a simple solution: electronics recycling.How do I know if my hard drive has a virus? ›
- Slow computer performance (taking a long time to start up or open programs)
- Problems shutting down or restarting.
- Missing files.
- Frequent system crashes and/or error messages.
- Unexpected pop-up windows.
- New applications (toolbars, etc.)
Klez. Klez was a “mass-mailer” computer virus, listed as a Windows 65-Kb PE EXE file, created within Microsoft Visual C++ and considered to be one of the worst viruses ever due to its high stealth technique most common antivirus software tools can't detect. It accessed the computer through an infected email.
Click the Windows button in the toolbar, then the Settings icon. Click on Update, then “Recovery” and select the “Reset PC” option. Choose “Remove everything,” then click “Change settings” to make sure the “Clean data” option is enabled.Can a stolen external hard drive be traced? ›
A hard drive cannot be tracked. While hard drives do have serial numbers that can be interrogated with utilities like CrystalDiskInfo, it is the MAC address of the network interface card (NIC) that is used to track any node on a network. The hard drive is hidden behind the NIC.Can a stolen hard drive be accessed? ›
“While the password will prevent someone else from logging into your computer, an attacker can still use other methods to copy files off.” If thieves remove the hard drive and put it into another computer, they have access to any files you have stored on it.What kills a hard drive? ›
- Firmware or manufacturer faults. ...
- Power surge damage. ...
- Internal or mechanical failure. ...
- Overheating. ...
- Physical damage. ...
- Human error.
If scratching the platters with a screwdriver is too pedestrian for you, these disks can be destroyed in a number of other creative ways. You can use sandpaper, a rotary tool—fire, even—as long as the surface of the disk is scratched or burned off.How do I change the language from Russian to English World in Conflict? ›
- 2) Select the game in "Owned games", click the customization button in the top bar →Additional executables →Language setup.
- 3) If none of the above mentioned options can be applied, the game's language will most likely be changed ingame.
Select the 'Menu' button on the centre of the remote control. Scroll to the extreme right and click the 'Settings' button. Go to the 'User Settings' option and press 'Language Setup. ' Once done, you will be able to see a new screen that displays different language options.How do I switch back to English? ›
Press "Alt-Shift" to toggle between language modes without accessing the Language Bar. As an example, if you only had two languages installed, pressing "Alt-Shift" would immediately return you to English mode.Can you change your system to English? ›
Change display language
Click the Clock, Language, and Region option. Click the Change the display language link. In the Choose a display language drop-down list, select the language you want to use as the display language and click OK. Restart the computer for the new display language to take effect.
Available: iOS | Android
Microsoft's Translator offers over 60 languages, including our beloved Russian. It offers text translation, voice translation and image translation. Plus, you can even translate a two-way conversation by connecting devices.
Re: NFS the run language change from Russian to English
Firstly you can go into your option menu in game and change it there. If your game started out in russian, you either bought it in Russia or close-by or you downloaded this game illegly.
- Upload your video. ...
- Select "Russian". ...
- Choose "Transcription" or "Subtitles". ...
- Choose "Machine generated" or "Human made". ...
- Receive your transcript/subtitles. ...
- Select "Translation" > "English". ...
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format.
- Delete uk_sounds. naz from the installation folder.
- Download the language pack.
- Extract the language pack from the archive and copy the desired language file (e.g. it_sounds. naz for Italian) to the installation folder.
Blu-ray Disc can contain up to 32 audio languages and a DVD up to 8. Depending on the disc type, you can use the AUDIO button to change the audio soundtrack as well as the audio language.How do I make my Blu phone English? ›
Click on “Languages & input” it is the world globe icon. From this section you can change the language of the texts displayed on the BLU View 1 and also the keyboard language.Do BLU phones work internationally? ›
Yes. Unlocked phones can be used in most any country.Which app is best for language change? ›
- Day Translations.
- Speak & Translate.
- Google Translate.
- Microsoft Translator.
- Naver Papago Translate.
Change display language
Type and search [Language settings] in the Windows search bar①, and then click [Open]②. Select the language you want from the drop-down menu under Windows display language③. You can select [Yes, sign out now]④, and the computer will sign out to complete the system language changes.
Right-click on the game name and select properties. Click on the language tab and select your desired language. Any language packs that need to be downloaded will then be done automatically. When you relaunch the game, it should play in the language you selected.